On google, a million of content are created daily, many of which are very high quality but still do not rank well. This has many causes, one being unoptimized and unfriendly to readers and Search Engines. Therefore, you should learn how to write standard SEO content and understand how google evaluates articles.
How is your content reaching as many people as possible? You should first optimize your article’s SEO index and ensure it provides useful value to help readers find an answer or solve a problem. And so BITI is here to help you do that.
Table of Contents
- Why is SEO content writing important?
- What are the benefits of standard SEO content?
- Standard SEO articles must ensure the following factors:
- Detailed instructions on how to write standard SEO articles through 5 simple steps:
- Step 1: Research the topic/keyword for the article
- Step 2: Create a sketch for the article (SEO standard content structure)
- Step 3: Optimize SEO-Friendly Content
- Step 4: Checklist to check the article is SEO standard.
- Step 5: Publish & promote the article
- Step 6: Statistics, feedback monitoring, adjustment
Why is SEO content writing important?
Optimizing Content with search engines is one of the most important factors for the Google algorithm to determine the relevance between content and Keywords on the website. As a result, when users search for content related to your website, Google can recognize and quickly recommend your article.
Note that a high-ranking article on google needs many techniques combined, but the most important thing is still to optimize the article content.
What are the benefits of standard SEO content?
- Identify the main keyword of the article that users may often search on Google.
- The article is optimized for words combined with reasonable keyword allocation to make it easier for Google to understand the content => and increase the chances of high ranking.
- Improve quality and relevance between content and keywords, increase SEO score (100)
- If the article’s quality score is high, then using Google Adwords ads will reduce the bid -> reduce costs.
- Practice better writing skills every day.
- Grow traffic for the website sustainably over time, attract more potential customers -> increase sales efficiency, and increase revenue.
- Standard SEO content can also help you make money from Blog through Google Adsense.
Standard SEO content helps increase website traffic
Standard SEO articles must ensure the following factors:
- Content is attractive, valuable, and useful, meeting the reader’s purpose.
- Implement something new/unique about the topic.
- Attractive article title (Should have numbers and words emphasized)
- Divide into short paragraphs (should be at most 4 lines).
- The article structure is clear.
- Use the most important keywords and phrases right in the title.
- The recommended keyword density is from 0.5 – 1.5%. Do not overuse keywords or keyword phrases; add them naturally to the article.
- Highlight keywords and key phrases in bold or italic
- Write with correct grammar and no spelling mistakes
- The Google algorithm requires keywords to appear in both the first and last lines of the article.
Detailed instructions on how to write standard SEO articles through 5 simple steps:
Step 1: Research the topic/keyword for the article
#1. Identify topic for articles
You need to identify the main topic, then research to explore and expand the scope of the topic; this step will help you get more ideas to improve the article.
Research the topic carefully before writing
When researching a topic, you should put yourself in the shoes of a reader who really wants to dig into the topic. And start wondering what problems they face. What do they want to know?…. This is a great way to give your writing more depth and solve your readers’ problems.
Currently, Google has not highly appreciated focusing only on a single keyword. Quality Web content must have a systematic association of keywords in the same topic (Topic cluster).
Topic Cluster is becoming very important for SEO and Content Strategy. Creating Topic Cluster Content helps Google recognize websites with in-depth content on a certain topic and rank higher in user search results.
Notes when researching on the topic:
- Identify trusted sources that are ranking high on the research topic
- Read and refer to some of the top articles on Google that have the topic you plan to write about, filter the good points of that article and then improve your article.
- Read more articles from foreign sources on the same topic (if necessary)
- Outline Articles – Identify headings (H1, H2, H3…) based on the writer’s experience and gathered from other competitors’ articles.
- Design images, videos corresponding to the content and headings in the article.
In addition, it is important to target correctly, determine what keywords users are likely to use when searching for information and what they want to get from the article.
Standard SEO content is to target the right keywords
#2. Research and understand user intent when reading articles
A good article is an article that can solve the problems of readers. Therefore, content creators need to understand the needs and purposes of readers to create content that meets the requirements of readers, helps them get answers, get solutions to solve their problems. .
- Who is the seeker? What are their biggest challenges and goals?
- Why are they looking for this? What questions are they trying to answer?
- What do they really want to get?
- What if we knew who they were and what they were looking for? => What will we cover in the article?
- What we offer in this article will be different from others?
#3. Keyword research to identify potential keywords, expand the idea of the topic
Discover potential keywords with keyword research tools like Google keyword planner, or Ahrefs, which will help you choose the target keywords that users search for about the topic of the article. From there, determine the most suitable keywords for the article.
The keyword research and analysis step aim to develop a list of primary and secondary keyword phrases to use and allocate it appropriately in the article.
#4. Research the Competition from Articles that are at the top of Google SERPs
The topic you write about has a lot on Google, and your article is behind, so how do you make your article stand out from the competition in the Google search results page?
You need to find solutions to the following problems:
- WIDE and DEPLY: Does your article cover the most important points of the topic featured in the top-ranking articles on the SERP
- Add More Value: Does your content add value, useful information, and uniqueness not found elsewhere?
- BEST Solution: Does your article help readers find answers or help them solve problems.
- Great UX: Does your article have a great user experience on any device?
- The topic is clearly structured, defining what to write and for which audience.
- The article is detailed, clearly presented, and simple to understand.
In short, if the article is posted later, it needs to be better than the competitors’ existing content.
Step 2: Create a sketch for the article (SEO standard content structure)
Creating a solid outline can significantly reduce your writing time and maintain consistency throughout your writing.
Create an Outline for your article with 8 easy steps:
- Identify the bottom line for your readers.
- Create smart headlines.
- Brain Dump: Write down every question you need to answer.
- Organize the topics and main sections of the draft.
- Continually ask more questions.
- Insert relevant studies, data, and additional sources.
- Proofread and clean up your manuscript before you start writing
- Write and post on your blog
Content outline makes content deployment easier.
Use the inverted pyramid model to create an SEO-standard article structure
The inverted pyramid attracts readers quickly. Front-loading: putting important points at the top of a paragraph is a way to grab the reader’s attention, allowing the reader to skim the first sentences of each paragraph to get an overview of the entire article. your.
- The first part carries the most important information, introduces leading, asks questions, and evokes the topic attractive enough for readers to decide to continue reading the lower part of the article.
- Body: Detailed presentation of the content – write the important content first, the other content elaborated in the following paragraphs as shown in the inverted pyramid.
Use images, videos, audio, slides to animate and support presentation and convey information for the topic
- End: Summarize, less information, add related articles, add a specific call to action.
Important points when presenting articles according to this model:
- Push the important points to the top of the article (in the title, in the first paragraph)
- Push the most important points of paragraph groups to 1 Headline
- Push the most important point of the paragraph onto the first sentence of the paragraph.
- Limit each paragraph to one point or one main idea.
Inverted pyramid pattern
Step 3: Optimize SEO-Friendly Content
When you complete your Content work, this is the stage when you optimize SEO standards for it.
First, you still create content and write naturally and note the following SEO criteria in your article:
- Write naturally, do not repeat a keyword more than 15 times.
- Identify 1 main keyword and about 3-5 related secondary keywords.
- Important keywords should appear once in the first part of the article, twice in the middle and once at the end.
- Important keywords and the DESCRIPTION meta must be included in the <TITLE> tag.
- The DESCRIPTION meta tag must contain both important and secondary keywords.
- The article title is always in the H1 tag.
- Important keywords should be put on the heading tag (H2, H3 in the article) and bolded when necessary, avoiding italics and underlining. Also avoid bolding a keyword multiple times.
- Internal Linking should lead to other ARTICLES with appropriate anchor text.
In order to implement SEO Content effectively, it is required that your editing tool has full functions to support content compilation that meets SEO criteria on articles:
#1. Think of a catchy title – increase the click-through rate
Users can see a lot of posts and usually, they only see 1-2 posts. Therefore an attractive title is significant even most important, when optimizing SEO for articles. Because it affects the reader’s decision to click on your article or not.
An attractive title can include one of the following elements:
- Start with a promise, indicating the benefit the reader will receive.
- Touch emotions: Add interesting verbs or adjectives.
- Stimulating curiosity, and attraction: Start with a question.
- Impact on readers’ thinking: State a controversial opinion.
- It should show the essential point of the content.
#2. Optimize the opening paragraph of the article
Great content often starts with a great lead. Here are some tips for writing your introduction/summary:
- Answer the question why readers click on the article.
- Clear and concise, in 25-40 words.
- Focus on the most important point with 5W1H (What – When – Where – Why – Who – How).
- Summarize and condense key facts in 10 words.
#3. Optimized for images in posts
Images are closely related to the content of the article. The ALT attribute should include the main keyword.
Name of the photo: never upload a photo on your website without changing the name. The name of the image should preferably be named with the ALT tag..
Image ALT tag: search engines will read image content based on ALT tags, describe information close to the image, and contain keywords
Size of the image: depending on your content and industry, you should leave your image size accordingly, average size <100 Kb
Caption of the photo: this is the caption for the photo written right below.
Instructions for inserting ALT tags into images
#4. Use headings to improve the structure of the article content
Readers like to scan content and decide which part of the text they will read. Heading helps them do just that.
- Your H1 introduces the topic your page is about like the title tells the reader all the content of a book.
- H2s are similar to book chapters, describing the main topics that you will cover in sections of the article.
- Subsequent headings, H3 through H6, serve as additional subheadings within each section.
#5. Allocate keywords appropriately in the article
Choose 1 main keyword (target keyword).
Choose about 3-5 secondary keywords, supplement the main keyword.
The main keyword appears in the tags: Title, Description, H1, in the content about 5 times right at the beginning of the article, the middle, and the article summary.
Secondary keywords appear in H2, H3 tags in bold italics.
#6. Internal links to related articles
An internal link or called Internal link used to link from one page to another in the same website (Same domain)
The effect of internal linking in SEO
- Using internal linking will form a link structure in the website that can be easily redirected from one page to another. This helps readers stay longer on the website, which is also a factor in evaluating rankings on Google.
- However, it must also be used reasonably to avoid using overlapping links that are annoying to users and counterproductive.
Need to create links in the content
#7. Outbound links to reputable sites build trust with Google
By creating outbound links skillfully, you can increase the trust of the search engines for your website articles and help readers get more information from other pages. This helps your Web get more Google’s sympathy.
Outbound links do not reduce the positive impact that inbound links bring to the website.
However, you should use outbound links reasonably, don’t use outbound links too much, and don’t forget to use rel=”no follow” in the <a> tag.
#8. Use videos to increase time on site, and reduce bounce-rate
If 100 people are interested in your content expressed by TEXT and VIDEO, then the rate of READ and WATCH is 20% & 80%, that’s why you should consider showing your content via VIDEO, increasing your decision. customer’s purchase intention.
Step 4: Checklist to check the article is SEO standard.
Implement an SEO checklist to make your website and articles more friendly to search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo…
The purpose of Content Checklist is to help you take it one step at a time to avoid missing out, save a lot of time, and improve your efficiency.
Here are the important points when checking with checklist
Keyword Location and Density: Keyword has been included in:
- Title: Should use keyword 1 at the beginning
- Description: use the keyword 1-2 times
- URL: keyword appears 1 time
- In the first paragraph of the content
- In the description ATL, Name, caption of the photo
- 3-5 phrases Related keywords in H2, H3, Internal links…
- In the last paragraph
- Keyword ratio 0.5-1.5%?
- Keyword usage < 15 times
Links: Use the link in the article
- Is the linking context reasonable?
- Anchor text to use(exact, partial match)?
- External: There is a link outside the page to a trusted source (Authority)
- Internal: Are there links to the main article of the topic cluster to related articles?
- Use a call-to-action to increase the click-through rate (CTA)
There are many free tools to check how to write standard SEO content, in which the Rank math plugin is a popular SEO standard content checking tool for SEOers. In addition, you can use tools like Seo Quake, Mozbar,…
Step 5: Publish & promote the article
When the content has been written through the moderation step (read and check for grammar errors, optimized for SEO and make sure the checklist is full of important SEO factors). At this point, you can PUBLISH your article.
The next step for your article to reach the right target audience, you should share on relevant social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc.
Google has many algorithms to evaluate the quality of your content, but a quick and effective way to make your article more accessible is by sharing on other social networking sites. That means you also need to build a multi-channel, cross-platform brand to help your articles become popular and more people read. In addition, the core element is that the article must be excellent, topical, hot, and really interesting.
Check out the Top 6 ideas for creating Viral Content:
- Create hot news content
- Create content with controversial personal opinions
- Shocking news
- Create visual content with images, animations, videos, memes, infographics, GIFs, and maps
- Content interaction feature
- Instruct readers to do something that is of great interest
Step 6: Statistics, feedback monitoring, adjustment
After posting for a while, it will be time for you to evaluate the SEO results. What you need to do is: Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of SEO campaigns.
While planning your SEO campaign, you have set your keyword rankings and website traffic goals. Now is the time to evaluate the overall effectiveness of the plan through indicators:
- Check Ranking: Check keyword rankings
- Check Traffic: Use Google Analytics to track the number of visits
- Check Issues bugs: Regularly Use Google Search Console to see site errors.
The simplest way to check article rankings is to type in keywords and see if your website appears at the top of Google.
Google Analytics is a completely free tool provided by Google. Google Analytics will help your website statistics the following metrics:
Above I have shared how to write standard SEO content that is friendly to users and search engines. Hopefully, you can apply these techniques to your content optimization and get better results.
Finally, good content needs to choose a keyword that users use to search for it, so you have to check what keywords users use to search for your article topic.
If you are interested in finding a reputable SEO unit, please refer to BITI’s SEO services. We are always happy to help you!